The Man Engine is coming to town on Friday August 5th. Penzance Bid and Pop Up Penzance are working together to create a family fun day from 10am to 8pm. Happenings on the day:
- ‘Mine Cart’ Soapbox Derby – Market Jew Street – 10 – 1 Create a Go Kart to race in a time trial down the street, team dress up, details to be announced very soon.
- Mining Heritage Hub – Causewayhead Furnishings – exhibitions / entertainment.
- Family Creation Station – Chapel St. Methodist Chapel forecourt – 10 – 4.30 – Family and child fun and invention.
- Town Trails – find the Tin Man and get a sweet surprise, or find the ‘Banjo’ and you might win it!
- Man Engine Pageant Wagons on the Prom – don’t miss these forerunners to the Man Engine.
- Dress up theme for the day, Steampunk! – Gritty, industrial, steamy, get your costume sorted..
- Man Engine arrives in Penzance Town Centre at 5pm – he’s 40ft high!!
- Steampunk Ball at Jubilee Pool in the evening – great DJ’s in a prime location – details follow soon.
All details coming soon, watch this space, facebook, twitter and the press, also in the Pop Up Shop window. Make sure you book your time off, it’s going to be a BIG day!